There are plenty of reputable and amazing dog boarding facilities in Ft. Lauderdale for your pup. Before you embark on your vacation, there are a few things you need to do to ensure that you are returning to a happy, healthy canine family member;
- Vaccinations: At least one week before your dog is scheduled to be boarded, it is a very wise and responsible idea to make sure that all of your dog’s vaccinations are up to date. This should be mandatory at any high quality boarding facility.
- Facility Interview: Do your leg work and research various Ft. Lauderdale dog boarding facilities in your area. You will want to look up customer reviews, speak to friends and neighbors and contact the facility itself with some questions. Some of the things you will want to ask are their vaccination requirements, the type of care they provide, the type of interactions your dog will be expected to undertake and any other special considerations you may need to know about.
- Make a Vet Appointment: Up to a month before, it is a great idea to get a checkup done at your regular veterinarian. This is especially true of dogs who have chronic ailments, compromised immune systems or if they are elderly.
- Stock up on Supplies: Ensure that all your dog’s medication, food, treats and favorite toys are available. Make sure that the medication comes complete with the original dosage amount and instructions on a clearly marked sheet with your dog’s name on it.
- Treat for Fleas: Most dog boarding facilities in Ft. Lauderdale will require that you have treated your dog with a monthly flea treatment. This can be done during your vet checkup.
- Acclimation: If your dog has never boarded before or if it has been a while, it is a good idea before you go to bring your dog to the facility that they will be staying at. You can leave them there for a few hours or a half-day of daycare. This will get them accustomed to the surroundings and lessen the amount of shock they may undergo during your vacation.
Dog Boarding in Ft. Lauderdale is a great solution for the travelling pet owner and offers your dog love, care, fun, and plenty of attention while you are away. This simple check list will have you ready in a snap!